Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Dragonfly and a Dragonfly Coloring Page. It’s proof that even very simple drawings can still be full of charm.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Any day is a good day to learn how to draw a dragonfly, but spring time when everything is blooming just seems extra nice. This drawing was actually made years ago by a young kinder named Yuna, and it’s one of those special ones that I could look at all day. The little bow, the hearts and stripes, the puffy clouds and happy flowers just ooze a kind of playfulness that is perfect in every way. I hope the simplicity of this one helps bring out the creativity in your students too!
Draw a Realistic Dragonfly
Dragonfly Realistic Coloring Page
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Easy Dragonfly
- Draw a circle for the head, and three ovals behind it.
- Add a face (bow is optional!).
- Draw two wings with center lines inside.
- Add lots of “broken” looking lines inside.
- Draw four simple legs.
- Add lots of vertical stripes.
- Draw a ground line and some flowers.
- Add clouds and a sun in the sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.