Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Baby Yoda Valentine and a Baby Yoda Coloring Page. Homemade Valentine cards don’t get much cuter than this.
Baby Yoda with a Valentine
If your students are fans of Baby Yoda, and want to make their Valentine cards look extra cool this year, then they might like to learn how to draw a Baby Yoda Valentine. Sure, super artsy Valentine cards that look like fine art are always nice, but sometimes it’s fun to make a connection to contemporary things too. After all, if students find they can draw something (or someone) that they totally recognize, who knows where that might lead?
Getting Started with Drawing Guides
The best way to get students off to a good start to any drawing lesson is to show them how to use guides as a reference point.
You may have noticed that all of the tutorials on this site have a dashed line running through the center of each step, in both horizontal and vertical directions. If students make their own centered lines on their own paper, before drawing, they will have an easy reference to follow.
Drawing skills are all about getting the size and placement of lines on paper, so having some visual reference point to get started, will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate.
So does that mean students need to get out a ruler to draw a big fat line down the center of their paper before they start? Goodness no, please don’t! That will most likely be hard to erase and distract from any finished art. No, simply fold the sheet of paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold. The beauty is that by the time the drawing is done and colored in, the creases will disappear.
And now, on to the Baby Yoda drawing project.
Preview of the Step by Step Tutorial
Baby Yoda Coloring Page
Materials for Baby Yoda Valentine
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers are great for making a crisp outline to your drawing. Use them when you want your outline show up, but not be so heavy that it detracts from other things.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
How to draw Baby Yoda Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Valentine with Baby Yoda
- Start the head as shown.
- Draw two symmetrical ears.
- Draw the sides of the robe.
- Finish the robe as shown.
- Draw two eyes, including the spots.
- Add frown lines, nose and mouth.
- Draw two sleeves and hands.
- Erase gray line, add heart and background.
- Trace with a marker and color.