Learn how to make a Baby Yoda Valentine by drawing him holding a heart. Homemade cards don’t get much cuter than this.
If your students are fans of Baby Yoda, and want to make their Valentine cards look extra cool this year, then this tutorial might be just what they need. Sure, super artsy Valentine cards that look like fine art are always nice, but sometimes it’s fun to make a connection to contemporary things too. After all, if students find they can draw something (or someone) that they totally recognize, who knows where that might lead?
Preview of the Step by Step Baby Yoda Valentine Tutorial
Baby Yoda Valentine Coloring Page
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers make nice black lines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them in areas with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath for table protection.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Baby Yoda Valentine
- Start the head as shown.
- Draw two symmetrical ears.
- Draw the sides of the robe.
- Finish the robe as shown.
- Draw two eyes, including the spots.
- Add frown lines, nose and mouth.
- Draw two sleeves and hands.
- Erase gray line, add heart and background.
- Trace with a marker and color.