Inside you’ll find an easy step-by-step How to Draw Santa Baby Yoda Tutorial and Santa Baby Yoda Coloring Page. How cute of a Christmas card would that make?
Santa Baby Yoda Drawing
It’s always fun to add a little pop culture to your classroom drawing projects. Now students can have a little help if they’d like to learn how to draw Santa Baby Yoda. He does already wear a robe that is easy to give some festive colors, and a cute Santa hat kind of finishes off the look.
Baby Yoda, the apparent star of the new Disney Mandalorian series, has lots of tutorials around on the internet these days. I created this one with a few of the features I know help students out when they are just learning how to draw.
- He is very symmetrical, aside from the Santa hat. The eyes and ears and hands all match.
- He is as large as he can be without going off the edges of the paper. It’s easier to draw those detailed eyes when they are not on the tiny side.
- There is a background that tells a bit more about who he is. The rocks and stars say it all, without taking a lot of extra time to complete.
That’s it! Here’s hoping that you this new tutorial will make you one of the coolest teachers on the block!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Santa Baby Yoda Coloring Page
Materials for Santa Baby Yoda Drawing
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers make nice black lines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them in areas with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath for table protection.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
Step by Step Directions for Santa Baby Yoda Drawing
Time needed: 50 minutes.
How to Draw Santa Baby Yoda
- Draw the head.
- Add a hat on top of the head.
- Draw two matching ears.
- Add the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Draw the collar of the coat.
- Add the robe, leaving space for the arms.
- Draw two arms with fingers below.
- Add a space background.
- Trace with a marker and color.