Learn how to draw a Cartoon House with this easy step by step tutorial. Lots of bright colors make it look like a fun place to live.
When your students need to draw a fun, make-believe house that’s not totally flat and overly simple, this tutorial might do the trick. It has a 3D look to it, thanks to just a touch of perspective, but the windows and door and chimney are all what one would expect to find in a storybook, cartoony kind of place.
Keep in mind that most cartoons are simple, simple, simple so remind your students that this is one time to leave the details behind. The fun cartoon drawing look comes from having clear and bold black lines with solid colors inside.
- How to Draw a Cartoon House (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon House
- Start the edge of the house.
- Add the angled top.
- Draw the roof lines.
- Finish the other side of the house.
- Draw a door and windows.
- Add the chimney and stone path.
- Add the roof lines and bushes.
- Finish with more landscaping.
- Trace with marker and color.