Architecture for kids can include learning how to draw buildings from Russia. The “onion tops’’ are especially fun to draw as they look a lot like swirls of ice cream.
These building tops are based loosely on the famous St. Basil’s Cathedral, found in Moscow’s Red Square. Their shapes and details are like no other, so students can learn how different architecture can look from one culture to another.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Russian Buildings
- Start the top center of the main building.
- Draw the bottom of the main building.
- Start the side towers.
- Finish the side towers.
- Draw the small center tower.
- Add details to the large center building.
- Add details to the small side towers.
- Add details to the small center tower.
- Trace with marker and color with crayon.