28 Easy Winter Drawing Ideas and Winter Coloring Pages | 2nd Grade | 36 Easy Christmas Drawing Ideas and Christmas Coloring Pages | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Landscapes
Easy How to Draw a Winter Landscape Tutorial and Winter Landscape Coloring Page
Learn how to draw a winter landscape with moonlight shadows on white snow. It’s a great study in contrast.
Winter Landscape Drawing
Winter landscape drawing projects needn’t be complicated and involve lots of fancy supplies. This one is pretty simple, focuses on silhouettes of trees on a moon lite night, and can be made with just a couple of crayons and a black marker.
This drawing would also make an excellent example of one of the Principles of Design — Contrast. The black trees that cast a shadow against the white snow, are so much more striking than say brown trees against green grass. It’s a great way for students to learn how much impact contrast can have in their work.
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Winter Landscape Coloring Page
Winter Landscape Slide ShowWinter-Landscape-Slide-Show
Materials for a Winter Landscape Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Winter Landscape
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw a Winter Landscape
- Draw the snow banks.
- Space out 3 tree trunks.
- Add branches to the left tree.
- Draw more branches to the middle tree.
- Add branches to the right tree.
- Draw a moon.
- Draw shadows that point to the moon.
- Color the trees black and the shadows gray.
- Color the sky, leaving spots for snow.