Draw an Ankylosaurus dinosaur with huge plates of body armor they needed to protect themselves from attackers.
Here’s how to draw an Ankylosaurus dinosaur with the huge plates of body armor they needed to protect themselves from attackers. They are also known their club tail. They were very rugged creatures that lived over 70 millions years ago.
This plated dinosaur was native to Western North America. That makes sense since it looks like a giant armadillo! One of these animals could have been marching through your backyard millions of years ago. But don’t be afraid! They are herbivores, meaning they only eat plants.
- Draw an Ankylosaurus (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Ankylosaurus
- Draw the shell as shown.
- Add the head.
- Draw the belly underneath.
- Add a tail.
- Add the face and details.
- Start the tops of the legs.
- Add feet, toes and shell line.
- Draw bumps on the shell, and add a background.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.