1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Easy How to Draw Tutorials | How to Draw Animals
How to Draw an Easy Owl Tutorial Video and Easy Owl Coloring Page
Below you’ll find a step-by-step tutorial for how to draw an Owl Tutorial Video and Owl Coloring Page.
How to Draw an Owl Tutorial Video
The fun part about drawing an easy owl is that students will end up with all kinds of closed shapes. By keeping the wings with some directional curves, and the belly with feather-like scallops, there are all kinds of pattern possibilities. All those repeating rows could certainly be colored in somewhat realistically, OR just make their own rainbow patterns. Chances are if you ask a room full of young ones to make their own choice, no two will be alike.
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this instant download!
Easy Owl Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw an Abstract Owl
- Draw a large U body shape.
- Add two simple ears and wings.
- Draw a nose and cheek lines.
- Add two large circle eyes.
- Add smaller circles inside.
- Draw lines on the wings.
- Add scallop feather lines.
- Draw a tree limbo below.
- Trace with marker and color.