Ready to learn how to draw a dog? This one lets you see his cute face and the side of his body, with just a few step by step instructions.
Front views of dogs are nice, and they make for easy symmetrical drawings, but sometimes you want to see a bit of the side too.
This tutorial will help students draw a dog with a simple face and slightly turned body. It makes the dog look a bit more active, and allows room to really showcase the tail too.
- Draw a Dog PDF (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
- Draw a collar and head.
- Add two ears on top.
- Draw the face and dog tag. Erase inside ears.
- Draw one front leg.
- Add the other front leg.
- Draw the back leg.
- Finish the back leg and tail.
- Add a background and dog house.
- Trace with a marker and color.