Learn how to draw a pug with his big sad eyes and cute pudgy body. This step by step tutorial will show you how in nine easy steps.
One of the things that makes this Pug dog so fun to draw, is his cute face with giant eyes. Students that love to add the anime eye to all their drawings, are going to have a field day with this one. There’s just too much room to add any version they like (one, two, three white spots or more).
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Pug Coloring Page
Materials for Pug Drawing
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Step by Step Directions for Pug Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Pug
- Draw an oval head.
- Add the nose and mouth.
- Draw the outside eye shapes.
- Add circles for black eyes and spots.
- Draw two ears and start the body.
- Add a front leg and back leg.
- Draw the two other legs and a tail.
- Erase the gray lines and draw some grass.