Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Pug and a Pug Coloring Page. He has a face like no other dog, that’s for sure!
One of the things that makes this How to Draw a Pug tutorial so much fun, is the focus on his giant eyes. There’s a lot going on there, with the black circles that sit in the white circles, that sit in the dark brown fur, that are in the middle of his or her light brown face. That’s quite a few layers, but if students take it one step and a time, and can see how, it becomes much more manageable. And those that love to add an anime eye to style to their drawings, are going to have a field day with this one. There’s so much room to add all kinds of highlight spots, to get that kind of look!
Join my Email List below to get this Instant Download!
Pug Coloring Page
Pug Tracing Page
Materials for Pug Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for Pug Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Pug
- Draw an oval head.
- Add the nose and mouth.
- Draw the outside eye shapes.
- Add circles for black eyes and spots.
- Draw two ears and start the body.
- Add a front leg and back leg.
- Draw the two other legs and a tail.
- Erase the gray lines and draw some grass.