When you learn how to draw a houseboat, you can imagine the adventures you might have if you live on the water.
If speed boats are sleek and narrow so they can move quickly through the water, then houseboats are in a different category. They are wide and low to the water, with lots of space for hanging out and enjoying the view.
This tutorial will show students how to draw a houseboat in a few easy steps. After the rectangular house shapes are added, it’s fun to add some aquatic details like round portholes, lifesavers and a lookout post and flag.
- Draw a Houseboat (click to open PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Houseboat
- Draw a line of waves.
- Add the boat shape on top.
- Draw a railing along the top of the boat.
- Add the house shape and roof.
- Draw the top layer and roof.
- Add details like windows, flag and rails.
- Draw round windows, door and lifesaver.
- Finish the lifesaver and add a sunny sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.