Learn how to draw a hoodie, probably the all time favorite piece of clothing for kids of all ages.
Learning how to draw clothing doesn’t have to only be about high fashion. It can be fun to draw the everyday things students know and love too.
The hoodie falls into this category, as it is a staple for both girls and boys and has no age limit either. This tutorial could be used for the start of a self-portrait (just add a face inside) or some fun fashion design. It is made from some basic shapes that are not hard to draw, so it’s perfect for a wide range of elementary age students.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Hoodie Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw a Hoodie
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions for How to Draw a Hoodie
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Hoodie
- Draw the body of the hoodie.
- Add the waistband and zipper line.
- Add the front pockets.
- Draw the hood on top.
- Add an edge and tie ends.
- Draw two matching sleeves.
- Add a wristband and fold line.
- Erase the gray line inside the sleeve.
- Trace with a marker and color.