Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw Among Us and an Among Us Coloring Page. Your students may never wonder what to draw again!
Among Us Crewmate Tutorial Video
Among Us is an online multiplayer social deduction game that has taken on a life of its own. Word has it that it was not popular at first, but now it seems that kids of all ages are finding it has just the right mix of humor and skill.
At first, I thought the bodies were so simple that it would be hard to turn them into any kind of a meaningful project. After seeing all the colored variations of them though, I realized a very basic color shading lesson could be applied. Their two tone look adds so much to their character, and it’s really not hard to do.
In a perfect world, students could use quality markers and add layers to get the simple shadows shown. Not to worry though, a simple lesson about shading can still happen with crayons, like I used in all my samples here.
The solution? Teach students about analogous colors (those that are next to each other on the color wheel) and have them color their character with two of the same shade. Example: light red + dark red, light yellow + dark yellow, light green + dark green, and so on.
The only catch may be in finding two shades of gray. I found my light one in Crayola and my dark one in Prang, but using different pressure with one color would work too.
Join my Email List below for this instant PDF download!
Pin me to your Pinterest Board!
Among Us Coloring Page
Materials to Draw an Among Us Character
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time Lapse drawing of How to Draw Among Us
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw Among Us in 9 Easy Steps
- Draw a large upside down U.
- Add the two legs below.
- Extend the line for a turned body.
- Draw an oval visor that extends over the head a bit.
- Erase the line inside the visor.
- Add the pack on the back.
- LIGHTLY draw some shadow lines.
- Trace the body with very thick marker.
- Color with similar shades to create a shadow.
Note: Sample uses both Crayola and Prang crayons.
- Create your favorite Crew Mate and add accessories… like Yellow with a Crown.
- Or Brown with a Cowboy Hat.
- Or Pink with a Mini Crew Mate.
- Or Purple with a Paper Hat.
- Or Green with a Chef Hat.