Learn how to draw a dreidel for Hanukkah and make it look like it has some dimension to it. Adding a few shadows will always help too.
A dreidel is a four-sided spinning top, played during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah. Each side of the dreidel bears a letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
The geometric form of the dreidel gives students practice in drawing a cube-like shape that has some dimension. The sides and point are simple, but there is room for adding a few shadows at the end too.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Dreidel Coloring Page
Materials for a Dreidel Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions to Draw a Dreidel Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Dreidel
- Draw a diagonal line.
- Add an arrow at one end.
- Connect the two points.
- Add the two sides.
- Add lines to the stick end.
- Draw rectangle lines inside.
- Add a Hebrew letter.
- Draw another, erase lines inside.
- Trace with marker and color.