This birch tree art project uses tape to block off the tree shapes, and watercolor paint and salt to make the textured midnight sky.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Birch Tree Art Project
- Tape a border around the edge with masking tape.
- Cut thick and thin strips for trees that touch the top and the bottom of the border.
- Branches may be added, along with a moon. Smooth down edges.
- Water down dark blue watercolor paint and spread over the entire picture.
- To add texture, sprinkle salt on the paint while still wet. Let dry.
- Rub the salt off the picture and carefully peel off the tape.
- To add little snowflakes, paint white dots with a small brush and acrylic paint.
- With watery blue, add the little bark edges on the left and right of the trees.
- Also add a shadow stripe on the same side of all the trees.