This winter painting for kids has some added depth in the sky because the swirl lines were traced with an extra layer of blue.
- Winter Painting for Kids PDF Tutorial
- Watercolor paper*
- Sharpie, Black, fine tip*
- Watercolor paint, liquid works great*
- Tempera paint, white
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS PROJECTS?
There are many more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my “Christmas Drawing” ebook in my PDF Shop.
All have simple step by step tutorials to help beginner artists see where to start and how to finish each drawing. Use it for Christmas classroom projects or special homemade cards for gifts or holiday framing. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
PREP: Draw or print guide lines on paper.
1. Draw the city according to the printed tutorial.
2. Trace all the lines with a black Sharpie.
3. Paint the buildings and sky.
4. Trace the black lines with a second line of blue paint to make it darker.
5. Spatter the sky with white tempera paint.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.