Here’s a snowman Christmas Card DIY idea made almost entirely with stickers. This is one collage that is guaranteed to lay down nice and smooth.
These snowman trading cards make use of a trading card sleeve to line them up for display. I love how the trading card sleeves make the art have an instant laminated look, but the basic idea of making a snowman from stickers could.
You could always use larger stickers and place them on folded cardstock to make quick and easy greeting cards. Plan B, skip the stickers and use a paper punch to make lots of white circles. You will have to glue the circles down yourself, but the final result will look the same.
Here’s a diagram I made awhile back to show that a simple adjustment of the face and buttons can make all the difference in the world.
- Drawing paper, 18″ x 24″
- Black marker, chisel tip
- Crayons or Crayola Color Sticks
- Prep: Cut paper to 12″ x 8″ panels.
- Draw a snowman, taking care of where to place their face and buttons as shown in the diagram.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the hat with the marker to make it extra black.
- The scarf and sky are colored with crayons or color sticks. Try to make the sky a bright blue so the white snowman really stands out.
CHRISTMAS CARD DIY MATERIALS
- Recollections Card Stock paper, blues*
- Recollections Card Stock paper, greens*
- White sticker mailing labels 2″ x 4″ or so*
- White sticker labels, 1″ circle*
- White sticker labels, 3/4″ circle*
- Black Sharpie marker, twin tip*
- Orange Sharpie marker
- White Sharpie paint marker, fine tip*
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to make a Snowman Sticker Card
- Use mailing labels for snow base.
- Trim the snow to get a wavy line.
- Use 3 stickers to make snowman.
- Draw the face and hands.
- Try to see how many different poses you can make.
- Add a hat with a thicker black marker.
- Fill in the carrot nose with orange.
- You can also move the face around.
- Use white paint marker to add snow.