Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Snow Globe and a Snow Globe Coloring Page. Young artists can use the empty Coloring Page to draw their own favorite thing inside.
Snow Globe Drawing
When students learn how to draw a snow globe, a round circle will really help them get off to a good start. For that reason, the linked PDF tutorial shown below includes a page with a circle template. It will help students get to filling their globe with lots of fun holiday things, instead of trying to make the world’s most perfect circle. That can be saved for another time!
A tip for making a pretty blue sky and soft colored snow? Don’t trace them in black, just draw them with the sky color, and then add another level to the background to make it a bit darker.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Snow Globe with Tree Coloring Page
Empty Snow Globe Coloring Page
Materials to Draw a Snow Globe
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers make nice black lines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them in areas with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath for table protection.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
How to Draw a Christmas Snow Globe
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Christmas Snow Globe Step by Step
- Trace the template or draw your own circle.
- Connect the bottom two ends with a staight line.
- Draw three lines below as shown.
- Connect the sides with curves.
- Add the table line.
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side of the tree.
- Draw the star, circle decorations and base handle.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color.