Once you learn how to draw a snow globe, try these tips for coloring a snowy sky and clear looking glass.
Given that a snow globe drawing really needs a nice round shape for the glass, the linked PDF tutorial shown below includes a page with a circle template. It will help students get to filling their globe with lots of fun holiday things, instead of trying to make the world’s most perfect circle. That can be saved for another time!
A tip for making a pretty blue sky and soft colored snow? Don’t trace them in black, just draw them with the sky color, and then add another level to the background to make it a bit darker.
- How to Draw a Snow Globe PDF (click to open PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black permanent marker, fine tip
- Markers, Stabilo brand used on my sample
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Snow Globe
- Snow Globe Letter
Trace template or draw your own circle.
- Connect the bottom ends.
- Draw three lines below as shown.
- Connect the sides with curves.
- Add the table line.
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Draw the other side of the tree.
- Draw star, circles and base handle.
- Trace with a marker and color.