Learn how to draw the Grinch and his very mischievous face with my easy step-by-step tutorial.
The Grinch is the main character of the classic children’s book How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss. He is depicted as a hairy, pot-bellied, pear-shaped, snub-nosed creature with a cat-like face and cynical personality.
Thanks to untold number of movies and spinoffs, most children will recognize his very specific face, but may need a little help with some of those details. The green color is a given, of course, but there are a few more details that really set him apart.
No worries though, this tutorial will show them how to break it down into a few steps, taking care to get those face and eye shapes just right. It just might be easier than they think!
- How to Draw the Grinch (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw the Grinch
- Start the cheeks and chin.
- Add a fluffy brim.
- Draw the hart and ball.
- Start the neck and collar.
- Finish the collar and shoulders.
- Draw the nose, start the eyes.
- Finish the eyes.
- Draw the mouth and add fur.
- Trace with marker and color.