Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cute Penguin and a Penguin Coloring Page. There are two fun options to choose from!
Cute Penguin Drawing
Penguins make great drawing projects, especially for younger elementary students, because they just have such clearly defined bodies. There’s no fur to figure out, no complicated arms or legs with muscles that need to be defined just so. They just have their roundish bodies, flippers with easy black and white coloring.
One way to add just a little more fun to a penguin project is to propose some cute accessories. This tutorial shares an easy way to add a fun hat and scarf. They’re just a little extra touch to make things go from cute, to super cute. (Always good lure to get students extra engaged!)
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
Cute Penguin Coloring Page
Another Penguin with a Hat
Cute Penguin Slide ShowPenguin-Cute-Slide-Show
Save me to your Pinterest Board
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Draw a Cute Penguin Step by Step
Time needed: 30 minutes
How to Draw a Cute Penguin
- Start the scarf at the neck.
- Draw the head above it.
- Add the outline of the face.
- Draw the eyes and cheeks.
- Draw the body and belly below.
- Add the flippers and feet.
- Draw a hat and scarf ends.
- Erase lines and add background.
- Trace with marker and color.