Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Baby Elephant Coloring Page
How to Draw a Baby Elephant Materials
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Step by Step Directions for How to Draw a Baby Elephant
Time needed: 40 minutes.
How to Draw a Baby Elephant
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Add a belly shape on the right side.
- Draw the truck attached to the head.
- Erase the gray line and add the mouth and eye.
- Draw an ear that overlaps the body.
- Erase the gray line and add two legs.
- Erase the gray lines and add the other front leg.
- Add the toes, tails and horizon line.
- Trace with a marker and color.