There are several ways to learn how to draw a rooster, but this is my favorite. It’s not too simple and not too difficult, given that he does have lots of curvy shapes.
Don’t skip the part about folding the paper to make the creased guidelines. It will help get the rooster head in a good place on the paper, and thus make a rooster that fills the paper.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to draw a Rooster
- Fold guidelines. Start the head.
- Add zig zag feather lines below.
- Draw the belly and back.
- Start the tail feathers.
- Add more feather lines.
- Add head details as shown.
- Add a wing and start the legs below.
- Finish the feet and add a horizon line.
- Trace with a marker and color.
Draw a Rooster Head
- Rooster Head PDF tutorial
- Multimedia or drawing paper
- Oil pastels or crayons
Another Simple Rooster
- Draw a Simple Rooster PDF tutorial
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint