Learn how to draw a cute turkey by adding a bit of anime style art to his head and face.
A turkey drawing project is a kind of given, in any class or art room every November. But that shouldn’t mean you have only one choice, or that you have to do the same one every year.
Here’s a new tutorial that attempt to mix things up a little.
You have your fairly realistic body, but the face has kind of been put through the anime cute filter with an oversized head, beak and eye. Most students these days have been exposed to the look with Japanese cartoons, and most love to draw eyes with the little shiny spots inside. It is a fun way to feel like an actual cartoonist, so I don’t blame them!
- How to Draw a Cute Turkey (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Cute Turkey
- Draw an oval for the body.
- Add a circle for the head.
- Connect with a neck.
- Add beak and wattle, erase line.
- Draw the spread tail.
- Add feather lines to the tail.
- Add curved lines and wing.
- Add an eye, feet and horizon line.
- Trace with marker and color.