Learn how to draw a Leprechaun hat and see how easy it is to make it look dimensional. Step by step instructions will show you how.
Why have students draw boring cylinders and tubes for a lesson in dimension when they can draw a Leprechaun hat instead? They basically have the same shape, the hat is just a bit wider at the top, that’s all.
When the hat top is done, it’s not too hard to add a brim with a little curve to it too. It’s even possible to add a conversation in how the LINES of the brim make it look like the SHAPE of a, say, potato chip or something. That’s two Elements of Art words right there, and adding some darker VALUE for shading will add another.
Love it when some festive seasonal drawings add lessons in the Principles of Art too!
- How to Draw a Leprechaun Hat PDF tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to draw a Leprechaun Hat
- Draw the band of the hat.
- Add the curved top above it.
- Start the right brim of the hat.
- Continue the left side of the brim.
- Finish the curve on the right.
- Erase, add the curve underneath.
- Draw the hat buckle and add a 4 leaf clover.
- Erase line and add clover details.
- Trace with a marker and color.