2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Drawing Videos for Kids | Spring Drawings | St. Patrick’s Day
Easy How to Draw a Leprechaun Hat Tutorial and Leprechaun Hat Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw a Leprechaun Hat and a Leprechaun Hat Coloring Page. It makes for a fun St. Patrick’s Day drawing project!
Leprechaun Hat Tutorial Video
When students learn how to draw a Leprechaun hat, they can see how a few well-placed lines can make something look very dimensional. The usual profile of a Leprechaun’s hat often looks very flat, but this one will show them how a flipped up brim can make it look much more life like. Once the basic shape is in place, it’s lots of fun to add a buckle to the brim, along with a little four leaf clover. It could be used as a drawing and shading project by itself – or something they could add their face below too. All kinds of possibilities when you draw something all by yourself.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Leprechaun Hat Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Leprechaun Hat
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to draw a Leprechaun Hat step by step
- Draw the band of the hat.
- Add the curved top above it.
- Start the right brim of the hat.
- Continue the left side of the brim.
- Finish the curve on the right.
- Erase, add the curve underneath.
- Draw the hat buckle and add a 4 leaf clover.
- Erase line and add clover details.
- Trace with a marker and color.