Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Leprechaun Hat and a Leprechaun Hat Coloring Page.
Why have students draw boring cylinders and tubes for a lesson in dimension when they can learn how to draw a Leprechaun hat instead? They basically have the same shape, the hat is just a bit wider at the top, that’s all.
When the hat top is done, it’s easy to add a brim with a little curve to it. It’s possible to add a lesson in how the LINES of the brim make it look like the SHAPE of a, say, potato chip or something. That’s two Elements of Art words right there, and adding some darker VALUE for shading will add another. Love it when some festive seasonal drawings add some valuable art lessons as well.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Leprechaun Hat Coloring Page
Materials to Draw a Leprechaun Hat
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Leprechaun Hat
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to draw a Leprechaun Hat
- Draw the band of the hat.
- Add the curved top above it.
- Start the right brim of the hat.
- Continue the left side of the brim.
- Finish the curve on the right.
- Erase, add the curve underneath.
- Draw the hat buckle and add a 4 leaf clover.
- Erase line and add clover details.
- Trace with a marker and color.