Learn how to draw leaves, and then put them in a grid. A variety of types, sizes and positions will make a pretty fall painting.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Print grid lines on the paper, or use a ruler to draw their own.
- Draw a different type of leaf in each box.
- Trace the drawing with a permanent black marker.
- Paint the leaf and background carefully with liquid watercolor paint.
- The add more color, paint an extra stripe of color right over the veins while they are still wet. The wet on wet colors will bleed and make soft shadows.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.