Learn how to draw a Minecraft Selfie by using a grid template and your math skills to create a symmetrical portrait made totally out of small squares.
Drawing a very symmetrical self portrait calls for lots of counting so that things on one side and the same size and placement as they are on the other. Luckily, most students are not even aware of all this math as their excitement as their focus is on drawing something they know a bit about … Minecraft.
- Minecraft PDF Tutorial (click to go to download page)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil crayons
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Minecraft Selfie
- Count the boxes to find the center line. Trace with pencil.
- Draw two symmetrical eyes.
- Draw a centered mouth.
- Start the bottom of the head.
- Draw the forehead hairline.
- Draw the neck and body.
- Finish the hair, long or short or bumpy, etc.
- Trace with a marker and color neatly.
- Example of a boy selfie.