Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Flower Tutorial Video and a Flower Coloring Page. It’s the perfect time to see what happens when you try shading with two similar colors.
Draw a Flower Tutorial Video
This tutorial will walk them through drawing a flower with one ring of petals, and then a second ring behind. After they are all traced, it’s the perfect time to see what happens if they use two similar colors (the definition of analogous) to fill each petal. It might end up looking shaded, or it might just look like a really cool multi-colored flower. Both are very pretty and fun results!
Flowers come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes, not to mention colors, so why not try out drawing just one really big that fills your paper for a change? I’m not sure what got Georgia O’Keeffe started painting hers, but the process will certainly help students focus of all those wonderful details, and give them plenty of room to do so too.
Use the button below to get this free download!
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Flower Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 35 minutes.
Draw a Flower
- Draw a small flower center.
- Add another flower around it.
- Draw four petals a bit off center.
- Start to fill in with more petals.
- Add extra where needed.
- Start filling in the back petals.
- Continue, making each a little different.
- Finish until there are no more gaps.
- Trace with a marker and color.