Easy How to Draw Spring Flowers Tutorial Video and Spring Flowers Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Spring Flowers video and a Spring Flowers Coloring Page. A watering can adds such a sturdy and colorful vase for them.
Spring Flowers Tutorial Video
When you want your students to learn how to draw spring flowers, but the average solution of putting them in a vase seems a bit ordinary, try placing them in a watering can instead. They are easy to draw, look very pretty, and can add a lot of color too! In fact, this watering can is a great example of how some LINES, can give this can SHAPE, so it looks like it has some real FORM to it. (All Elements of Art, by the way.)
To make a pretty painting, use the Crayon and Watercolor PDF Tutorial that is linked below. It shares how to draw the shapes, and what the crayon outlines might look like before you paint. (Note: Real watercolor paper and liquid watercolor paint will create your best results!)
Spring Flowers Tutorial — Crayon and Watercolor
Spring Flowers Tutorial — Colored with Crayons
Spring Flowers Coloring Page
Materials for a Spring Flowers
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Watercolor Paper.
- Real watercolor paper always makes the watercolor paint much more vibrant.
- The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Crayola Crayons.
- This classic brand always works well.
- Rounded Watercolor Brush.
- A good paint brush can make all the difference in the world. Who can paint small details with one of those big floppy brushes? This style with a sturdy rounded tip were my hands down favorite.
- Liquid Watercolor Paint.
- These paints are so easy to work with, leave such bright colors and last for a long, long time. Well worth the investment.
- Non-Spill Paint Cup.
- Train your students to leave the matching brush in each cup after they use it, and you have an easy system with very little cleanup.
Draw Spring Flowers Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw Spring Flowers in a Watering Can
- Make guidelines. Draw a can.
- Add a handle.
- Draw the water spout.
- Draw two flowers.
- Add more tulips and stems.
- Fill the rest of the space with leaves.
- Trace drawing with different colored crayons.
- Fill with watercolor paint.
- Paint the background a contrasting c0lor.