Learn how to draw the Eiffel Tower, the iconic symbol of France. Simple curved crossed lines make it easy for all ages.
Drawing of Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower officially opened at the 1889 world’s fair in London, England, which showcased cutting-edge inventions, architecture, and art from around the globe. These fairs were known to reveal many futuristic inventions, including the Ferris wheel, the television, x-ray machines, and ice cream cones.
The Eiffel Tower has had a colorful history. The original structure was dark red and in 1899 it was painted yellow. About 50 years ago the tower was coated in bronze paint. Today the Eiffel Tower, which gets a paint job every several years, is covered in almost 16,000 gallons of paint.
Now students that would like to draw an Eiffel Tower have an easy tutorial to help them out. The real tower is a complex construction of steel beams, but this step by step lesson reduces all those many elements to some easy to draw lines that even young elementary students can see and understand.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Eiffel Tower Coloring Page
Materials for Eiffel Tower Project
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for Eiffel Tower Project
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw the Eiffel Tower
- Draw three rectangles like the ones shown.
- Add the bottom tower legs.
- Finish the upper tower and the top.
- Add the vertical line as shown.
- Draw the details of the bottom tower.
- Add the bottom tower Xs.
- Draw the upper tower Xs.
- Finish the drawing with the landscape and sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.