Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Ninja Turtles Tutorial Video and a Ninja Turtle Coloring Page. Students can learn so much about cartoon drawing with this colorful character.
Ninja Turtle Drawing
Ninja Turtle Tutorial Video
Why draw a Ninja Turtle?
When students learn how to draw Ninja Turtles, they not only get to practice making a basic body, they have a chance to try out a few cartoon drawing tricks as well.
With a little practice, students might start to notice that cartoon characters often have a few things in common. For starters, many heads tend to be extra large and eyes to be extra exaggerated. The goals is to say as much as they can, with as few lines as possible.
This Ninja Turtle is no exception, especially when it comes to those eyes. Curved lines at the top look like angry brow lines, which give him a very serious look. The convey all kinds of emotion, and are actually pretty simple to draw. Once students learn how to draw them here, on their own Ninja Turtle, they might be compelled to go learn and practice drawing even more!
Use the button below to download this free tutorial!
Ninja Turtle Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 1 hour
Easy Ninja Turtle Drawing Step by Step
- Draw the large head centered in the middle of the paper.
- Add the eye mask shape as shown.
- Draw the eyes, mouth and mask ties.
- Draw two thick arms and hands.
- Add the belly of the shell and two thick legs.
- Draw the shoulder strap and belt.
- Add the arm and leg bands.
- Finish with a long stick in one hand.
- Trace with a marker and color.