If you want to learn how to draw a skunk, you need a side view to show all his cool black and white stripes.
If you give a real life skunk a kind of cartoon makeover, you might end up with one that looks like this. A cute and cuddly look has been added, but the important tell-tale black and white stripes are still there. Side views let you see as much of them as possible.
As a side note, this is another one of those times when you need to encourage students to color well, and with as much pressure as they can. A scribbly gray skunk is not nearly as eye-catching as a dramatically black and white one is.
- How to Draw a Skunk (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Skunk
- Draw a circle.
- Add the head around the circle.
- Fill in mouth, add eyes and ears.
- Draw two head stripes.
- Start the curve of the back.
- Finish the leg.
- Add the other leg and arms.
- Draw a tail with a stripe inside.
- Trace with marker and color.