Why use a small American Flag Coloring page when everyone could work together to make something big? Now you can sample this mural with a new mini version of it.
Use the Button below to download an American Flag Mini Mural
More about these Mural Templates
Years ago, when my son was in kindergarten, I had this crazy idea of trying to make giant classroom coloring projects. You know, like a huge whale when the letter of the week was a “W”, a giraffe for “G” and so on. Envisioning something that everyone could color and quickly tape together for some giant wall art just seemed too fun to not figure out.
A bit (ok, a lot!) of experimenting led to a process of making large drawings on my computer, applying a grid on top, and then printing out each panel on its own page. Long story short is that it worked, the kids were thrilled that they made something so BIG, and I have been tweaking the process and growing my collection eve since.
If you haven’t seen my full size murals in my PDF Shop, there are lots that are designed for classrooms of 24ish students or so. Given the time of year now though, I thought it would be fun to scale things down so homes or smaller groups could try a project out too. And what could be more lovely than a beautiful flag, blowing in the wind, just in time for 4th of July parties and celebrations? All you have to do is download your PDF template, and follow the instructions that are on the last few pages.
Materials for American Flag Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for American Flag Coloring Page
Time needed: 1 hour
How to make an American Flag Coloring Page (BIG!)
- Print out each page.
- Trim on the lines shown.
- Write the number on the back (it will get covered when coloring).
- Color each page and tape together.