You can learn how to draw a cute bird by adding just a few simple touches, like a hat and a scarf, and eyes that are big and shiny.
Cute Bird Drawing
Save this cute little bird tutorial for your younger elementary students, as first and second graders. It’s all about drawing large curvy shapes, with just a bit of overlapping, so my experience is that those skills match up best with that age group.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Cute Bird Coloring Page
Materials for Cute Bird Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions to Draw a Cute Bird Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Cute Bird
- Make guidelines. Start the top of the body.
- Finish the bottom of the body.
- Draw a tail.
- Start a scarf (with curved lines!)
- Add wing and scarf ends.
- Start the rim of the hat.
- Finish the hat. Add a large eye.
- Erase lines inside the hat. Add beak and feet.
- Trace (the bird only!) and color. Snow looks best with no black lines.