Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cute Bird and a Cute Bird Coloring Page. Adding a little hat and scarf will always do the trick!
Cute Bird Drawing
When students learn how to draw a cute bird by adding some clothes to it, they get to add their own creative ideas in the process. Does the hat have a ball or a tassel on top? Does the scarf have patterns or is it a solid color? Could they figure out how to add boots if they want? And on and on. That’s the great thing about drawing – there’s an immediacy to it which lets the artist add things almost as soon as they think of them.
This bird tutorial works well with this clothing idea as the shape is very basic, so even young artists can take it on. The process of drawing a simple body, and then adding things on top (like the hat) and erasing lines inside that you wouldn’t see anymore, is a great process to master. Learning how to layer is the first step to seeing things in perspective. A cute bird drawing is a fun place to start!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Cute Bird Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw a Cute Bird Step by Step
- Make guidelines. Start the top of the body.
- Finish the bottom of the body.
- Draw a tail.
- Start a scarf (with curved lines!)
- Add wing and scarf ends.
- Start the rim of the hat.
- Finish the hat. Add a large eye.
- Erase lines inside the hat. Add beak and feet.
- Trace (the bird only!) and color. Snow looks best with no black lines.