You can learn how to draw a cute bird by adding just a few simple touches, like a hat and a scarf, and eyes that are big and shiny.
Save this cute little bird tutorial for your younger elementary students, as first and second graders. It’s all about drawing large curvy shapes, with just a bit of overlapping, so my experience is that those skills match up best with that age group.
I do, however, love to be surprised by determined kinders, so please send me any artwork, kathy(at)artprojectsforkids.org if you want to prove me wrong.
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Cute Bird
- Make guidelines. Start the top of the body.
- Finish the bottom of the body.
- Draw a tail.
- Start a scarf (with curved lines!)
- Add wing and scarf ends.
- Start the rim of the hat.
- Finish the hat. Add a large eye.
- Erase lines inside the hat. Add beak and feet.
- Trace (the bird only!) and color. Snow looks best with no black lines.