I’ve tried a lot of pipe cleaner animal ideas, and this Tarantula is my favorite in both looks and ease to make. It’s also makes a pretty cool decoration for this time of year.
- Aluminum can tabs
- Pipe cleaners, black and brown
- PREP: Cut pipe cleaners into 4″ lengths.
- Students start with one black and one brown pipe cleaner and twist them together to make one that is multi colored leg.
- The multi colored leg is inserted into one of the aluminum tabs. It is folded in half and twisted a LOT to make one leg. It needs to be twisted close to the tab until it stays firmly in place.
- The step is repeated until there are four legs attached to each hole, or a total of eight legs.
- The legs are bent to look like spider legs.
- If any of the tab still shows, use extra pipe cleaners to wrap the belly to make it all black or brown.