Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Bear standing up and a Bear Coloring Page. You’ll see how much easier it is than drawing one in profile.
This step by step bear tutorial is simple, but still keeps its bear features pretty true to form. It would be a good choice for studies about actual bears, or as a creative follow up to any reading time stories about bears.
The standing body position is easy to humanize, as you could some clothes like pants or shirt or dress on top without too much difficulty. That would be a fun lesson about anthropomorphism, if you ask me.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Standing Bear Coloring Page
Materials for a Standing Bear Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Standing Bear Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Standing Bear
- Draw the snout.
- Draw the nose and mouth.
- Add the head around the nose. Add eyes.
- Add two ears.
- Erase the connecting ear lines. Start the sides of the body.
- Add the feet.
- Add claws. Draw the overlapping arms. Erase the insides.
- Finish with paws and grass.
- Trace with a marker and color.