Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Bear with a Scarf and a Bear Coloring Page. It’s a chance to come up with all kinds of scarf designs!
The great thing about simple drawing ideas is that most students will see the example and then adapt it to where their current skills are.
Kinders, for example, might follow this tutorial and focus on drawing a bear face for the first time, making sure they get the eyes and nose in the right place. And fifth graders might see an easy way to shade the simple white body on one side. Or the scarf as a way to add more complex patterns and colors.
Years of working with mixed grade level after school classes taught me that simple ideas were often a great vehicle for a wide variety of elementary age students. After all, I never had a student come back to complain about a drawing project being too easy. Instead, they were always proud that they found it that way, and were more likely to turn around and then draw something else!
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this instant download
Bear with Scarf Coloring Page
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Materials to draw a Bear with a Scarf
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Bear with a Scarf
Time needed: 35 minutes
How to Draw a Bear with a Scarf
- Draw an upside down U.
- Add the scarf.
- Draw the shoulders.
- Add the ears and nose.
- Draw the eyes and muzzle.
- Finish the eyes, mouth, cheeks.
- Add the scarf ends.
- Decorate scarf with patterns.
- Trace with marker and color.