Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cake and a Cake Coloring Page. To draw one that looks more dimensional, try removing a slice so you can peek inside.
If you’d like for your students to learn how to draw a cake, then why not go over the top, while you are at it? There’s no sugar high happening here.
This simple cake shape starts as a cylinder, but then gets a cut out to show what is layered inside. A few simple “slice” lines will let students peek inside their cake. This not only adds dimension, but offers all kinds of filling options too. Rainbow colored? Filling patterns? Favorite fillings? I’ll bet your students can come up with a few other ideas too. All kinds of sweet options.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Cake Coloring Page
Materials to draw a Cake
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for a Cake Drawing
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw a Cake
- Draw a tail cylinder.
- Draw symmetrical slice lines.
- Erase gray curves, add center line.
- Draw an oval underneath.
- Finish the cake pedastal.
- Add frosting lines.
- Draw cake layers.
- Finish frosting and draw table line.
- Trace with marker and color.