When you are ready to learn how to draw a cake that looks more dimensional, try this. Start with ovals and add curves to make your drawing look good enough to eat!
Tip: This would make a good drawing project for an art fundraiser service that offers custom greeting cards. What parent wouldn’t enjoy sending a birthday card with their own child’s drawing on it?
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the cake in pencil.
- Trace the cake with a black marker.
- Color the cake carefully with crayons.