When you are ready to learn how to draw a cake that looks more dimensional, try this. Start with ovals and add curves to make your drawing look good enough to eat!
Tip: This would make a good drawing project for an art fundraiser service that offers custom greeting cards. What parent wouldn’t enjoy sending a birthday card with their own child’s drawing on it?
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the cake in pencil.
- Trace the cake with a black marker.
- Color the cake carefully with crayons.