Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Wreath Tutorial Video and a Wreath Coloring Page. Some wrapped ribbon lines make it look very full and textured!
Drawing of a Christmas Wreath
Christmas Wreath Video Tutorial
A festive Christmas wreath always adds some instant cheer, whether it is placed indoors or out. They make such a welcoming sight and add holiday cheer wherever they go.
Before students think that wreaths are just a ring with a bow, try showing them this version. It starts with a couple of circles, but then adds some steps to make the greenery look like it’s bursting out of a wrapped ribbon. Just a few extra steps to create a wreath that has so much more dimension to it.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Wreath Coloring Page
Materials for a Wreath Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Draw a Wreath Step by Step
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Wreath
- Draw two circles, lightly.
- Add a large bow at the bottom.
- Draw two ribbon ends below.
- Erase inside bow, add fold lines.
- Draw spiral ribbons.
- Add circle lights inside.
- Add fuzzy edge between ribbon.
- Erase the smooth circle lines.
- Trace with marker and color.
Already subscribed to “The Daily Draw”?
Great, then use the download button below to get your free Christmas Tree tutorial.
And thanks for wanting to bring more step-by-step, no-prep art lessons to your classroom!