Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Charlie Brown and a Charlie Brown Coloring Page. His classic look is fortunately very easy to draw!
Drawing Charlie Brown
Now fans of this popular cartoon character can learn how to draw Charlie Brown with his very simple features and clothes. Charles Schulz first created him over 70 years ago, and people of all ages have been enjoying his comic strip ever since.
Cartoon tutorials like this one are great way for young artists to learn how to draw. Charlie’s features are very simple, so when students get a little advice on how to put them down on paper, they can get some instant satisfaction in having their drawing really look like Charlie Brown!
Charles “Charlie” Brown is the principal character of a comic strip called Peanuts, syndicated in daily and Sunday newspapers in numerous countries all over the world. He is a popular and widely recognized cartoon character.
Charlie Brown Quotes
For some extra fun with this project, you could add some of Charlie and his friend’s favorite quotes.
Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Be yourself. No one can say you’re doing it wrong.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.
There’s no sense in doing a lot of barking if you don’t really have anything to say.
I don’t have time to worry about who doesn’t like me … I’m too busy loving the people who love me.
Subscribe to “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
Why work with Drawing Guides?
You may have noticed that all of the tutorials on this website have a dashed vertical line and horizontal line running through the center of each step. If students make their own centered lines on their own paper, before drawing, they will have an easy reference to follow. All they need to do is fold their sheet of paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold. The best part is, by the time the drawing is done and colored in, the creases will have disappeared!
Charlie Brown Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
Charlie Brown Tutorial
- Draw a large circle for the head.
- Add the eyes, nose, mouth, hair and ears.
- Draw the neck and collar.
- Add the shirt shape.
- Draw the left and right arm.
- Fill the shirt with zip zag line and shorts below.
- Add simple legs.
- Draw sock lines and laces.
- Trace with a marker and color.