Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Poinsettia and a Poinsettia Coloring Page. It’s easy to see why they are a Christmas favorite.
It’s easy to see why poinsettias are a Christmas favorite, with their bright red leaves and deep green leaves. They add lots of holiday color to any room. This tutorial will show students how to draw a poinsettia, which has a bit of a pattern but some slight differences in shapes too.
Flowers will always look a bit more realistic if they have a little bit of irregularity added. Anything too perfect can look more like a computer drawing than real life.
Those that are looking for an extra challenge might consider adding shadows under some of the leaves. A little extra pressure or using two slightly different shades of red would do the trick.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Poinsettia Coloring Page
Materials for a Poinsettia Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Poinsettia
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Christmas Poinsettia
- Start the center as a group of circles.
- Add four evenly spaced petals.
- Draw another petal in between each. Try to make some a little different.
- Fill in any empty spaces with extra petals.
- Draw center lines in all the flower petals.
- Start the smaller flower with the center.
- Add petals around in the same manner.
- Draw lines in the center of each petal.
- Trace with marker and color.