Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Present and a Present Coloring Page. There’s even some help to make that bow look extra fancy.
Drawing of a Present
Christmas Present Tutorial Video
A homemade holiday card is always more charming than a store bought one, so learning how to draw a present will come in handy when making one.
The key to making it look special is in the ribbon. Wide and colorful, tied into a symmetrical bow, it makes an ordinary box look very special. The final colors could be adjusted for the occasion (lovely blue for Hanukkah, for example) or filled with pretty patterns too. All kinds of possibilities!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Present Coloring Page
Materials for a Present Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Present Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes
How to Draw a Christmas Present
- Draw a rectangle box lid.
- Add the box below.
- Draw the ribbon.
- Draw the ribbon knot.
- Add two loops of the bow.
- Draw two more loops behind.
- Add the ribbon ends.
- Finish with the table line.
- Trace with marker and color.