Learn how to draw a present with this step by step tutorial. It’s easy to add a pretty bow on top.
A homemade holiday card is always more charming than a store bought one, so learning how to draw a present will come in handy when making one.
The key to making it look special is in the ribbon. Wide and colorful, tied into a symmetrical bow, it makes an ordinary box look very special. The final colors could be adjusted for the occasion (lovely blue for Hanukkah, for example) or filled with pretty patterns too. All kinds of possibilities!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Present Coloring Page
New! See my Coloring Page Gallery
Materials for a Present Drawing
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions to Draw a Present Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Christmas Present
- Draw a rectangle box lid.
- Add the box below.
- Draw the ribbon.
- Draw the ribbon knot.
- Add two loops of the bow.
- Draw two more loops behind.
- Add the ribbon ends.
- Finish with the table line.
- Trace with marker and color.