Learn how to draw a Spinosaurus for some adventure back in time. This tutorial will show you how, with step by step directions.
The Spinosaurus was one of the largest known carnivorous dinosaurs and lived during the Late Cretaceous period which was about 95 million years ago. This meat eater could grow to over 50 feet long and weigh up to 7.5 tons! Learn how to draw a Spinosaurus with the step by step tutorial below.
One of the more recognizable dinosaurs, the Spinosaurus is well known for its long head and famous “sail” that grew along its back. It is made from very tall neural spines that grew from the vertebrae. These spines could grow over 5 feet tall and were likely to have skin connecting then, like seen it our drawing.
- Draw A Spinosaurus PDF (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Spinosaurus
- Draw an oval.
- Attach a head shape to the left.
- Draw a tail on the right.
- Attach two legs below.
- Draw an arm and a spine shape.
- Add teeth and an eye to the head.
- Erase all the extra lines that are shown as gray.
- Add a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.