Learn how to draw a Spinosaurus for some adventure back in time. This tutorial will show you how, with step by step directions.
The Spinosaurus was one of the largest known carnivorous dinosaurs and lived during the Late Cretaceous period which was about 95 million years ago. This meat eater could grow to over 50 feet long and weigh up to 7.5 tons! Learn how to draw a Spinosaurus with the step by step tutorial below.
One of the more recognizable dinosaurs, the Spinosaurus is well known for its long head and famous “sail” that grew along its back. It is made from very tall neural spines that grew from the vertebrae. These spines could grow over 5 feet tall and were likely to have skin connecting then, like seen it our drawing.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Spinosaurus Coloring Page
Materials to Draw a Spinosaurus
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Spinosaurus
Time needed: 1 hour and 45 minutes
How to Draw a Spinosaurus
- Draw an oval.
- Attach a head shape to the left.
- Draw a tail on the right.
- Attach two legs below.
- Draw an arm and a spine shape.
- Add teeth and an eye to the head.
- Erase all the extra lines that are shown as gray.
- Add a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.