Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Diplodochus and a Diplodochus Coloring Page. He was once the world’s longest animal.
Learn how to draw a diplodocus, and still keep his head and tail on one sheet of paper, even if he once was the world’s longest animal. Don’t let the stubby legs fool you because this dinosaur was over 100 feet long.
That’s longer than the largest mammal alive today; the blue whale. The diplodocus sure didn’t have any issues finding its food in the tallest of trees. This gigantic creature walked the earth over 150 million years ago.
This tutorial takes a different point of view by having the diplodocus rather stacked with his head and tail wrapping around his body. The original drawing idea came from a site called “Hello Kids”, I just added the extra drawing steps to my tutorial.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Diplodocus Coloring Page
Materials for Diplodocus Project
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for Diplodocus Project
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Diplodocus
- Make guidelines. Draw a circle.
- Add the outside tail line.
- Add the inside tail line.
- Draw the outside neck line.
- Add the inside neck line.
- Add the head.
- Draw two legs.
- Erase extra lines. Add two back legs.
- Trace with a marker and color.