Learn how to draw a triceratops in nine simple steps. My tutorial will help you figure out to create his odd shaped body and where to place his three horns.
The name ‘Triceratops’ comes from the Greek language, with ‘tri’ meaning three and ‘keratops’ meaning horned face. Make sure you get all those horns added.
DO YOU LIKE THIS TUTORIAL?
There are 20 more like it in my “Draw Dinos and Dragons” ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of 20 step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginning artists.
After years of drawing with young children, I’ve learned that they still love to draw these creatures, they just need a simpler approach them than most drawing books offer. Just click on the title or book to learn more.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Triceratops
- Make guidelines. Draw an egg shape.
- Draw an overlapping oval.
- Erase inside line. Draw the back leg.
- Erase inside line. Add the front leg.
- Erase line. Draw remaining legs and tail.
- Erase line and add the face.
- Erase line and draw horns, eye and nose.
- Add a foreground and background.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.