A certain hot dinosaur movie may be creating some interest in how to draw a velociraptor. Follow this step by step tutorial to draw a pretty cool looking one.
This guy is made from lots of curvy shapes, so I tried to keep this tutorial with as simple as possible, without losing any of his fierceness. After all, according to Jurassic Park, he’s supposed to be the most intelligent of his species. He needs to keep that mean and lean look that he’s famous for.
LIKE THIS DRAGON TUTORIAL?
There are 20 more like it in my “Draw Dinos and Dragons” ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of 20 step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginning artists.
After years of drawing with young children, I’ve learned that they still love to draw these creatures, they just need a simpler approach them than most drawing books offer. Just click on the title or book to learn more.
- How to Draw a Velociraptor Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil Crayons*
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print a tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the velociraptor in pencil.
- Trace the velociraptor with a black marker.
- Color him carefully with crayons. Don’t forget the strips on his back and legs.