Learn how to make a Plesiosaur drawing with this unique tutorial. It lets you imagine what he looks like both in and out of the water.
The Plesiosaur is much different than your usual dinosaur because it didn’t roam the earth… it roamed the seas! It is distinguishable by its small head, long and slender neck, broad body, a short tail, and two pairs of large paddles.
With this step by step tutorial, you can learn how to draw this very different type of dinosaur in its natural habitat. Being able to draw the water line can be used to show any kind of aquatic animal or machine what it looks like above and below the surface.
- How to Draw a Plesiosaurus (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Plesiosaurus
- Make guidelines. Draw an oval.
- Draw the neck.
- Add a head.
- Draw face and two flippers.
- Draw back flippers. Erase inside lines.
- Draw a tail.
- Erase extra line. Draw water line.
- Erase lines. Draw a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.