Below you’ll find an easy DIY Mother’s Day Card Tutorial and a Mother’s Day Coloring Page. It’s an easy way to mix some creative letters with a cute mother and baby bird drawing.
This DIY Mother’s Day Card tutorial makes it easy for students of all ages to draw a very simple, yet very cute card. They can learn how to write a message in an artsy way by stacking letters as needed to fit, and adding some simple swirly ends where space allows. Add a baby standing with the support of its mom and students will all be good to go. A card that is drawn and colored with love will always outweigh an expensive store bought one. It’s the homemade ones that will be saved to admire for years to come.
Join my Email List below to get this Instant Download!
Mother’s Day Coloring Page
A Tracing Page Option
Mother’s Day Card to Trace
Materials for a DIY Mother’s Day Card
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions for a DIY Mother’s Day Card
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Mother’s Day Card
- Draw the big bird body.
- Add a tail in the back.
- Draw the legs, and eye and the beak.
- Add a wing and belly stripes.
- Draw the small bird on top of the mommy bird.
- Write the word H-a-p-p-y
- Add the word M-o-t-h-e-r-s
- Finish with D-a-y and add hearts all around the drawing.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color with crayons.