Learn how to draw a bunny and a baby holding its hand. This sweet symbolic image works for Mother’s Day and all kinds of celebrations that are about the bond between a parent and a child.
Mother’s Day is a wonderful day for any child to celebrate the person who has raised or is currently caring for them. Making a homemade card or drawing can be a sweet way to convey that appreciation.
One way to include all the different parent relationships that might show up in any given classroom, is to swap people out for one of the sweetest animals around — bunnies. They not only make an adorable drawing, they can be stand in for a mother or a father, a grandparent, or any other adult that might currently be caring for the child. It’s an easy way for every student to feel included, so they can spend all their energy just on making the very best drawing possible.
- Draw a Bunny and Baby (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Bunny and Baby
- Draw the adult bunny head.
- Add a simple belly below.
- Start the outer body line.
- Add the two arms.
- Draw the two feet and ears.
- Draw the baby bunny to the right.
- Add the baby bunny face and ears.
- Add the belly line and grass.
- Trace with a marker and color.