Here’s how to draw Chinese lanterns, with a perspective lesson as well. Their simple shape makes it pretty easy to draw a small, medium and larger version.
- How to Draw Chinese Lanterns PDF
- Watercolor paper
- Black Permanent marker
- Prang Gallery Watercolor Pencils
- Follow the tutorial to draw the lanterns in pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie.
- Color the drawing with oil pastels.
- Add a band of white oil pastel in the middle of each lantern, and blend the edges for a smooth gradation.