2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | How to Draw Animals | Spring Drawings | STEAM Projects | Summer Drawings
Easy How to Draw a Grasshopper Tutorial and Grasshopper Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Grasshopper and a Grasshopper Coloring Page. Save it for when you want to draw one that looks real, but is still kinda cute.
Most of the “how to draw a grasshopper” tutorials that I have seen have either been meant for kids just learning how to draw (the circle head is a dead giveaway) or best for high schoolers learning how to shade. That’s quite a gap, to say the least.
What’s an older elementary student to do? Well, here’s a new easy tutorial that has all the necessary science-y body parts (head, thorax, wing, abdomen) with a touch of cuteness too. A little twinkle in the eye adds some storybook charm to what otherwise might be just more of a grasshopper diagram. Why not have a little of each?
A preview of my step by step Tutorial
Grasshopper Coloring Page
Grasshopper Tracing Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Save me to your Pinterest Board
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Grasshopper
- Draw the head and thorax.
- Add a wing and abdomen below.
- Draw lines on the thorax, and add two front legs.
- Add two middle legs.
- Draw two back legs.
- Add antennae, eye and mouth.
- Erase the lines shown as gray. Add grass line and stones.
- Finish with grass going in all directions.
- Trace with a marker and color.